Thursday, October 30, 2014

TBT #2

I didn't find all the pictures I wanted to post today.  There are more spectacular ones that my Grandfather took while flying in a deHavilland bi-plane over parts of Big Bend and the Rio Grande that actually show part of the plane.  You can see where he labeled some on the bottom of some.

Click on each to get a better view.

This is the camera my Grandfather used for all of these photos.  He used it at least into the 1960's that I know of. 


 
 
Santa Elena Canyon

 
Check out the nose art

 
Crashed, my Grandfather on the left

 
Nogales, Arizona


 
Remember this story about him flying to Del Rio during Prohibition?  I found this label and it is dated on the back, 1922 with his name and the name of the 'cadet' that flew the plane.
 
 
Will look for the other pics this week unless I get to busy.
 
Happy Trails.
 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Those are great pics, and thankfully he survived! They wadded that thing up in a ball!

Randy said...

Crashes must have been pretty common then, have several other photos with them laying upside down on the top wing.