Friday, October 3, 2014

Optimism


Yeah I know, the title may sound strange for today's ramblings.  But I think I that is my attitude as I write this.  My biggest struggle so far with the fact that I have prostate cancer has been the dark thoughts that tend to creep in at times.  They have been getting less prominent in my head.  As I mentioned previously, when I have day not full of things to occupy my mind I tend to slip into those dark thoughts more and especially toward the evening.  Today was a day with not much on my plate and the dark thoughts did not make an appearance.  I attribute this to my prayers for peace of mind and many others that have lifted me up in their prayers.  Prayer is more powerful than most give it credit.  Now just to get through the wait to see the surgeon this Monday and I suppose another wait for me to fit into his schedule.  Still trying to be optimistic about that.

The wife's first day of the Roof Contractors show wasn't bad, could have been a lot better but enough to more than cover her expenses.  There is one other person that has very similar jewelry as she does, she didn't do well at all.  Everyone commented how tight money was at the moment.  Had several really interested in some of my leather, even with a 20% discount they wouldn't bite.  And my stuff is priced pretty low compared to other hand tooled leather.  Maybe tomorrow, they will change their mind and they have made some sales of their own.

She has also come across a new type of jewelry that I think we can make instead of using the supplier she now has.  Even though he is reasonable on his prices she doesn't have much control over the creative side.  The plus side is I get to cut, drill and bend the steel she would use.  More on that once we find a source of the raw materials and try out a few to see if it would be cost effective.

Also saw someone that had a neat idea for leather and horse shoes.  They made a paper weight out of it.  This is something I will be trying to make.  In this area of Texas there are plenty of folks with horses that maybe I could sell a couple.  I even have horse shoes laying around to use.  Now just to get the Mojo to create.  Mojo has been really scarce around here lately.  Hope he shows up soon. 

As I put this together there is lightning to the far north.  A cool front is moving in to the area with the hope of much needed rain.  Looking forward to some cooler weather and if it's wet all the better.

All in all things are pretty good, thanks for stopping by.

 

 

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Magic thoughts and prayers!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com