Friday, October 17, 2014

Lazy Day


Got busy with a bit of leather work.  Not anything difficult.  The holster I had put off until I knew more about my surgery and some key fobs the wife sells.  The best thing about it is I get to put my hands on another gun to fit to the holster.  I just like the feel of a good gun in my hand.  I wet form the leather to make the holster fit very snug to the pistol.  Have tried using a vacuum sealer with mixed results.   

This week has been pretty quiet and slow, no places we have to be and no errands in to town.  That left plenty of time for the G-kids.  Still amazed how quiet it seems after they leave except for the neighbors nuisance dog barking.  Really annoying this time of year when we like to have the windows open.  The wife has been busy with some Fall cleaning, I try to make myself scarce.  Her method tends to make me nuts.  I help with the cleaning most of the time but this is different.  We are both better left to our own. 

I rarely watch the network news and was reminded why I don't when I sat down to watch some TV.  There was a report about faulty guardrail on highways and some of the problems the new design has caused.  I worked in the highway business for 34+ years and have seen guardrail end treatments develop over the years.  IMO there will never be a cure all guardrail treatment.  There will always be some sort of flaw for a particular situation.  But the news just focused on the failure of the company that produced a certain type that folks have been hurt on (folks have been hurt on every type).  They gave time to those that had been injured in crashes with guardrail and their claim of having lost a body part due to faulty guardrail.  The guardrail probably did it's job protecting them from death.  It wasn't perfect.  Where were the questions on why they hit the guardrail and their possible faulty driving or evasive maneuver?  No, just attack someone else that might have deep pockets.  It's not PC to accept responsibility for your own actions.  SMH
 
Hope to head into town today to catch a movie.  This happens very few times a year, 2-3 times maybe.  We are both interested in 'Fury.'  It looks interesting, how bad could it be with TANKS?  Am I right?
 
Happy Trails
 
 

No comments: