Saturday, October 18, 2014

Friday date

As I mentioned yesterday we went to the movie and saw Fury.  If you have seen the previews on TV you get an idea what it is about.  It was pretty intense.  I was a little worried my sweetie would get upset or not like it with all the violence and bloodshed.  But she really likes 'guy' movies more than most ladies do I suspect.  She has even mentioned that she was meant to be a mother of boys because she likes a lot of the movies they like among other things.  Don't get me wrong, she is a girly girl.

She liked the movie and so did I.  I won't review it but I have to say it was pretty intense.  If you like WWII movies at all this is a must see.



When we do go take in a movie we always got to a matinee.  The crowds in a movie house always ruin it for me one way or another.  People are so oblivious to their annoying behavior and I don't tolerate that well so we just avoid going when there are large numbers of people.

Finished up the holster and will deliver it Sunday.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Was surprised at how top heavy this revolver was.  This one was a .357 S&W with a 4 inch barrel.


I don't own any revolvers except for a replica 1851 Colt Navy and that is hard to beat for balance.

 
More college football today.  My team has a much better chance than last week.  Hope they don't have an emotional let down like so often happens after a big rivalry game. 

Spoke with a few other of my friends about getting their prostate checked and specifically the PSA test.  One wasn't to worried about it since he wasn't at that age but probably would in the future.  I told him about the guy I know that got it at a younger age than him.  Tried to impress upon him his need to get this done.  Hope he considers it a higher priority now.  Hope you will too.  I got checked regularly, it didn't prevent it but it caught it early.  Hopefully early enough, we will find out that after my surgery.   I am having a robotic surgery.  I guess it looks something like this.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thanks, I'll add it to the viewing list!