Wednesday, October 1, 2014


The garage door has been replaced and it was worth the cash I didn't want to spend.  This one is more substantial than the other and seals better.  Hopefully a little less dirt/leaves will get in my shop area from the North wind.  Probably not.  The roof has been patched, it appears the installation process of some of the shingles was not up to par.  The nails are to far back on the shingle thus exposing them to damage by wind easier than they should be.  An entire new roof may be in the near future because of that.  Maybe we can get a few more years out of this roof. 

Got back to some minor leather work.  Got a couple others interested in having something made for them.  One wants a holster like this one:
 
 

I will put them off for a while.  Until things are more settled.  Don't want to start a project for someone with the feeling I NEED to get this done for them.  I don't want to rush, I mess up leather when that happens.  I also need to make a trip to the leather store for supplies and pick up the new catalogue.   

Wanting to get out of the house.  Would love to take another long road trip like we did this past Spring.  Spent some time in Minnesota,
 
 
South Dakota
 
 
and made our way back through western Wyoming and Colorado.  I am a sucker for historical sights so we get steered more to that on our rare trips.
 
 
My wife would rather shop new places or see some sort of entertainment.
 


 
She is such a good sport about accommodating what I want to see.  I try to stop at a few places along the way that she can at least shop, if not for herself then the grandkids.  We always spend to much.  I always have to get a pin from the places we go for my collection.  I try to run herd on myself, because I know I get these things home and put them in a box and don't see them till I get some more.  I need to make a display case for them. 
Maybe a short day trip to the coast would get some of that out of my system. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

The world is a mighty place!! Well done!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Old NFO said...

Nice looking holster! Colt pistol? Python maybe??? :-)

And congrats on the garage door!

Randy said...

Thanks you. Not sure what exactly that one was for, maybe a SW 357. But this style would fit most any long barrel revolver, just a matter of form fitting it to make them ride snug.