Monday, October 6, 2014

Update-surgeon consult

Nothing encouraging, from my eyes anyway.  The surgeons earliest date is somewhere in December.  No set date yet.  Have to wait for his scheduler to work it out.  At our urging, he was going to put me on the ASAP list and see what the scheduler could do.  Would look to move me up with a cancellation.  Regardless, due to the damage the biopsy does, they wait anywhere from 6-8 weeks  before performing surgery and lean toward the 8 weeks, not the 4-6 weeks we had been told.

The other news that was a downer, expect the cancer to be more or worse than what the biopsy indicated.  He says that 60-70% of the time this is the case.  There was also discussion about lymph nodes that was not encouraging.   

Only thing that was encouraging, if you can call it that, my prostate isn't enlarged.  Which he says is a good sign.  But who knows, the way things have gone so far, we are preparing for the worst.   

I'm am turning it all over to the Lord. 

Fellas, get checked don't put it off.  I didn't put it off.  If I had it could be even worse news.

 

No comments: