Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cleaning


My sweetie is in 'clean' mode. 

 
There will be ladies from our congregation coming to the house Tuesday for a bible study and other activities after.  I try to help, by staying out of the way, but I am not successful at that at all.  I feel I need to pitch in some.  Will need to do some yard work that I was putting off until a frost came.  So may need to cut the grass at least one more time.  Had hoped for one more time for the year and be done.  With how warm the weather has been it will be more than one.  Found a flat tire on my truck and made a trip into town to get that fixed.  Wish I had taken my camera, there was a 39 Ford hot rod at the tire shop, it was pretty sweet.

Will probably hang with one of the sons Tuesday to get out of the way of the wife and her friends.  One has offered to take me to his office for 'take your daddy to work day.'  I think I will just for a laugh.

Been noticing the whitetail bucks may be starting the rut.  Found a scrape under some low hanging branches that have been worked over. 
 


Have seen a few new bucks ones in the area and they seem to be breaking up from their bachelor groups into singles.  This little one was sniffing around a couple does.
 

 
Haven't seen any of the big boys yet.  That will happen when the rut really gets going.  That means we will be seeing some crazy behavior out of them.   Old NFO, I would love to be able to thin the herd some and fill the freezer, but unless the community bands together to have them removed en masse they will continue to be a problem.  No hunting is allowed and there are just to many folks and homes now to shoot anything safely.

Sorry for no post Monday.  I try to post everyday.  As I have mentioned previously this helps me keep my thoughts focused and also acts as a journal for myself, helping keep straight how events unfold at this particular time in my life.   My memory when it comes to when actual events happen in relation to others isn't the best anymore.  Sunday's events weren't posted nor will they.  Just some disturbing things that would serve no purpose to post.  Didn't sleep well last night due to this  They don't involve me to an extent, but a very close friend is neck deep and I see how he suffers.  Actually it is two close friends.  Not much I can do except offer support any way they need.  Their suffering makes me agonize for him.  

Happy Trails

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Understood, and sadly the herd will get thinned the hard (for the deer) way...

Terry and Linda said...

Your heart is kind.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Randy said...

Yes sir, a few get hit by cars, others get sick and die, but not from hunger strangely enough.

Randy said...

Thank you Ms. Linda