Thursday, October 9, 2014

Errands and Frustration


Had a few errands that I needed to go into town for.  Tires for the wife's CR-V, and 2 pharmacies to drop off prescriptions.  I could kill 2 with one stop at Costco.  Checked with the tire shop but they only had 3, not 4 would get more on Friday.  The advised me that the other stores had plenty in stock, about a 30 minute drive.  Went inside to the pharmacy to get Buster's heartworm meds filled.  The person behind counter took my script and immediately found it on a shelf.  Then told me it would be 45 minute wait with it in her hand.  Seriously?  I was in no mood argue so told her my wife would be in to pick it up.  She was in the area and could easily stop by while I went to the other Costco for the tires.  The person then asked me what time she would come in.  Well I had no real idea and told her so.  She then told me it would be ready after 5 pm.  It is now 10:30.  I asked her how it could be ready in 45 minutes if I wait for it but after 5 if I don't.  She told me it will go in one of 2 lines, 45 minute wait if she comes in that time or after 5.  I'm sure the look on my face said it all.  I turned and left without another word.

During all this I got a call from the company that installed my garage door.  My check was NSF.  Could not understand this.  Stopped by the bank and got that squared away.  Embarrassed, I called them back and all was good. 

Dropped the other script at the other pharmacy on way to the other Costco. 

Got the tires installed faster than the pharmacy could fill a script with the meds in their hand.  SMH.  Also got her some new wiper blades at Costco for a really good deal.  Feeling better about things at this point. 

Leaving Costco I get a call that the 2nd script is ready.  Swing by and pick it up head to the house.  Never changed blades on this Honda of hers before, how hard could it be?  Finally get it figured out and installing the second blade and the arm slipped out of my hand.  SMACK!  Cracked. her. windshield.  Face palm.  Not just a small star burst, or chip, oh no nothing simple like that, but like this.

 
Never had anything like this happen before.  Just felt so dumb.  Only consolation it is really low, below the dashboard. 

Oh well, some days you win, some days you lose.  This was a mixed bag.  But after it all I finally laughed at myself.
 
Happy Trails pards

 

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh, DARN! That looks like a mess! Sorry about it.


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com