Saturday, November 1, 2014

Vote


The weather here has been really nice.  Lots of sun and relatively low humidity.  However it has been much warmer than usual.  High temps have been near 90*.  We had predictions of a hard, cold and wet winter.  This current weather isn't promising for the much needed moisture.  This morning dawned cloudy and humid.  The weather guys say we have a slight chance for scattered showers which means none.  The summer was milder than usual here, not as many days over 100* and now the Fall weather is hotter than usual.  Would really like to see a good cool Fall like morning for a change.  Out first frost usually doesn't show up to mid-November.  If this keeps up it may not be that soon. 

Since I wrote the above we had a good thunder storm about 3 AM Friday morning and then it dawned clear and cool but not to cool.  Thankful for the 2 inches of rain that did fall.  Buster was up and roaming around due to all the thunder, he get pretty scared.  Thunder is the only thing I have seen him get scared of.  Kim couldn't sleep either so she sat up with him until the thunder stopped about 4 AM.

Did the early vote thing.  Lots of folks in line.  Curious as to how the turnout will be, whether more than usual or not for a mid term election.  Wondering if the current Congress will change much with all the screw ups and scandals that have been going on.  I'll spare you my take.

When we got back from voting I horse collared Kim into spending some time working on the things she needs to move for me to get my part of the garage in order.  Went pretty well and got much more done than I did yesterday.  Filled up the large trash can with junk that has just been laying around.  Found 3 car radios in a cabinet that the boys had removed from their cars when they upgraded their sound systems.  No idea why we still had those.  Trashed 'em.  A lot of other things like dried up paint in cans.  With as much as we have gotten rid of over the last year it's amazing how little room there still appears to be.  I think our junk has been mating and creating more behind our backs.

Starting to feel a little anxious about getting my surgery over with.  Not a lot, just a nagging sensation in the back of my mind.  The main reason is I just want this cancer out of me.  On the other hand the aftermath, the results of the surgery and it's effects are something that won't be any walk in the park.  They tell me that most likely I will have the specific effects from 6 months to a year, but in some cases they can persist much longer.  I'll spare you the details but when you mess with the organ that controls a bodily function the body doesn't take kindly to that.  Yes they have various fixes and meds to make those issues more tolerable, but one involves going under the knife again.  I have no reservations or fears about the surgery, yet, however the results of the surgery keep creeping into my over active imagination.  Not real often but enough to mess with my head more than I want.

It could be worse.

Happy Trails.