Thursday, October 2, 2014

Show

My sweetie has a show this Thursday and Friday.  She will be with a lot of roofing vendors at the Roofing Contractors Convention.  She makes jewelry and also adds a few of my leather items to her inventory.  Helped her set up her booth and all the other vendors are folks related to the roofing industry, shingles, vents, solar etc.   

I asked her why they invite her to attend as I don't think they use her jewelry on roofs.  Oh how short sighted I am.  Evidently there are quite a few ladies, maybe wives of the contractors, that want something to do while the convention is going on.  The promoter saw her somewhere and invited her to attend to fill that need.  Hopefully with a large male audience she can sell a bit of my leather inventory.  No, I DON'T go to these shows.  Dealing with tire kickers just drives me nuts.
 
We have managed to blend our crafts.  I make some small leather pieces and she uses her wizardry to come up with some unique jewelry.  Yes I admit, most of the blending is her idea.


 We have sold several pieces similar to the above.  I think she has just scratched the surface for this facet of her business.  She won't make a lot of these to have on hand at any one time.  She thinks having a small number increases the uniqueness and she can get more for them.  I don't know, it's seems to have worked so far.  I just want more leather to sell so I can feel like I am pulling my weight.

Wish her luck, she works really hard getting this together and then dealing with customers.  I think she's the one they talk about being able to sell freezers to Eskimos.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is a beautiful piece!!! Good luck to her!