Friday, October 24, 2014

Bonus


We were headed to the church house Wednesday evening, hadn't gotten to far from home and spotted a big table sitting in the front yard of a house with a "FREE TAKE ME"  sign on it. 
 
 
We turned around and stopped.  Took a better look and thought, that will make a great addition to my work bench that doesn't have enough surface space.  Best of all it's free!  We proceed to try to get it over to my truck and let me tell you, it was a struggle.  That thing was HEAVY.  I think I hurt my prostate.  It is treated 2x8 with landscape timbers for legs.  It took most everything the wife and I had to get it into my truck.  Whew!  Yes it's rough but it will be a real workbench that you don't have to worry about.  It's heavy enough to use as a pounding surface for my leather tooling if I decide I want more surface for that.  It may even find it's way into my office where I work on leather.

Of course I had to rearrange some to get this thing to fit.  Now my entire garage/shop needs to be rearranged to get it in some sort of order.  No pics of that, to embarrassing lol.
 

I've always said that a neat orderly garage is the sign of a sick mind.  I will never be accused of that.
 
Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, heavy doesn't begin to describe one of those... But it WILL take anything you can dish out!!! :-)