Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday's Random Ramblings


A lot of disjointed thoughts. so be warned.  I even deleted quite a bit.   

Some very dear friends have moved back into our area and we are really looking forward to reestablishing our previous bonds.   Although he will continue to  live 3.5 hours away for a while until he can make a job change, that may take a few months.  He will come home on weekends.  We have missed them greatly.  I'm hoping to get him to give me some tips on shooting.  He is an expert marksman, rifle and hand gun, and he says he can help me with some issues I am having.   

We were invited over by some close friends for supper yesterday evening.  Had the best pulled pork I have ever had.  I have never been a fan of pulled pork.  Every time I have had it, it was pretty much tasteless when comparing it to other smoked meats I am used to.  But not this batch.  It had flavor in spades.  Now I will have to try this out for myself and see if I can replicate something similar.  Probably try to pick up some pork the next time we head in to town.   

A doe and fawn ran up near me looking a little frantic.  Then I saw the buck come running up near her.  He was a big body deer but not real big antlers.  His hocks were dark.  The bucks appear ready but the does are not receptive yet.  If we were to get a cold snap soon I'm sure the bucks would really be going nuts.  They are fun to watch this time of year.  See something new with their behavior almost every year.  Hope to catch some with the camera.  It seems when I see the best things the camera is not in my hands. 

Encouraged a couple more friends to get their PSA checked.  Even offered to drive one to his test if he needed it.  I hope I am not getting tiresome when I try to get others to get checked.  These conversations are generally started by the other person and I use that opportunity to ask them if the have gotten tested.   I am still getting a lot of encouragement from others and it is much appreciated and helps keep my spirits up where they need to be.  Still seems a long time until the surgery actually happens.  I am guessing that the closer it gets I will get more anxious.  I haven't been anxious at all about the surgery but anticipate that there will be some trepidation about the surgery once the reality sets in.  Maybe when the blood work gets done two weeks prior.  I'll deal with that if it ever comes, but hoping I can stay upbeat and face this like I want to, without fear.

 

 

No comments: