Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bloodshed

Tree trimming.  Ugh, I just don't like it.  I usually wind up spilling my own blood doing this.  Sure enough I get done a notice my shirt is just covered with a brown crusty substance.  Start checking and I have several punctures on both arms sustained in a battle with wayward limbs.  Didn't notice when it happened but must have been early in the process with all the crusty blood.  I just cant seem to get through any yard work without some sort of bloodshed.  I look like I lost the battle and feel like it to.  It was a massacre.  This getting old stuff isn't for sissies.  Now to haul it all off in a couple weeks.  Of course with more blood spilled.  But I let some go to long and my roof bore the brunt of my laziness. 

Buster is a velcro dog. 
 
He follows almost every step inside and out.  When I have a project like trimming going on he is even more in the way.  All part of his herding instinct I guess.  At times he is almost dangerous, I turn around and nearly fall over him, he's 'right there' in the way.  No, he wasn't the reason I spilled blood.  When the grandkids are here he gets really excited and rarely is able to sit still due to his worrying about where and what they are doing and playing with them.  By the time they leave he's just worn out.  It's about the only time he stops following me or my sweetie around from room to room.  Bed time comes really early for him then.


Weather has been spectacular the last couple days but they promise more unseasonably warm and humid weather next week.  It will be in the low to mid 90's, with higher humidity and that won't be nice at all.  That is just not right for October.

Watched some college football.  What a bunch of great games.  Love the underdogs knocking off the big boys.  It just doesn't get much better than college football.

Getting a bit antsy about the surgeon visit on Monday.  Had not been a bit worried about the surgery at all.  Now, more than I anticipated.  Not sure why that is, maybe the reality of it all is setting in.  Let's just get this show on the road already.

10 comments:

SUERTE said...

Prayers your way

Randy said...

Thank you sir, prayers always welcome.

Old NFO said...

Aussies are like that... :-) And as my grandpa used to say, if you're not bleeding, you aren't 'involved' in the task... (as I busted yet another knuckle trying to get an engine bolt loose...)

Terry and Linda said...

Love the doggie! Dogs sure help us feel better!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

SUERTE said...

You bet, went through the same thing 2 years ago, all is well here, and with you too I pray.

Randy said...

lol I'll try to remember what your grandpa said

Randy said...

Yes they do. Amazing how much we get attached to them.

Randy said...

Glad to hear all is well. Gives me encouragement.

SUERTE said...

Buster is a cutie!

Randy said...

Thanks we kinda like him.