Friday, October 10, 2014



Scanned in some old photos a while back and have been looking at a few of them.  This one caught my interest.  No idea where the original is.  Hope to find it one day.  My Dad told me a few stories about some of his Naval service.  Have asked him a few more times over the last years and either his or my memories have changed the stories quite a bit.  Glad he at least wrote this down.  Not sure what prompted him to do this unless Mom got him to.  I know she has been writing a life history so to speak at my urging, maybe she thought he should do one about his Navy experiences.  It's not a lot but glad to have it.
 
 
I remember one story he told of the aftermath of the Bikini Atoll Test.  One of the ships used in the blast as a text vessel was to be towed back to Pearl Harbor, for inspection I assume.  Several sailors had to be on board the vessel as it was towed.  He wound up being one.  He is getting on in years now, and this is one story that really stuck out in my mind.  He doesn't remember it at all now.  So I make no claims as to if this ever happened since he can't verify it anymore.
 
Might post a few more of his photos from those days in the future.  Happy Trails.


No comments: