Thursday, January 1, 2015

Taking Stock


I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions or take stock over the events of the past year and neither is Kim.  Just has never been our style.  It's just a date to me nothing more.  However, with everything that has happened this past year I do hope that 2015 is a bit easier than 2014.  For the past 3 years we both have had significant health matters to deal with.  Some of these will be on going for a bit but not to much to handle.  Those health issues have also put a strain on us financially also as you can imagine if you have had to spend anytime in a hospital or emergency room.  I am so thankful we have great insurance but it still takes a bite that hurts.

I'm ready for 2015 and new hope for a better year.  I know I have a ton of things to be thankful for, mostly that my cancer had not spread.  I am not forgetting my blessings at all.

Kim woke up this morning with what she thinks is pink eye.  She tried to get in to see our primary care doctor but they were booked up.  Then went over to our ophthalmologists office but couldn't get in there and they said that insurance wouldn't cover the visit since it wasn't an emergency.  Primary care doc wouldn't get an approval due to it not being an emergency even though they wouldn't see her.  SMH.

We didn't go anywhere to party or have anyone over this New Years eve.  That is pretty much standard for us the last few years anyway.  We have had the Grandkids several times so the parents can have a evening with their friends ringing it in, and that's fine with us.  A quiet evening at home together has been the way we do it since we got our dogs.  Buster is terrified of all the fireworks and they get pretty intense where we are.  I just can't see leaving him alone with all that going on. 

Started working on all the demo bracelets for Kim's demonstration.  Should get my part finished by tomorrow.  Then she can do her magic.
 

Hope y'all all had a safe and happy New Year celebration and that the coming year is good for you and yours.

Happy Trails.

No comments: