Saturday, January 17, 2015

Appointment


I got a 'recorded' call from my surgeons office.  I was scheduled for a follow up visit on March 6, 3 months post surgery.  The call told me I must reschedule and to call them back.  Really?  If you used a real person to notify me they could do that right then.  As it turns out I was in the middle of something unimportant and didn't call them back right away. I called the next day.  I now am rescheduled to April 10, a full month later.

They will be checking my PSA for the first time since my surgery.  It must read a 0.0 since I have no prostate.  They tell me I should have a 0.0 reading for the next year before they consider other options (i.e. testosterone therapy).  I assume that if the numbers are something other than 0 there is a problem, like the cancer was not totally removed.  I don't know for certain but I am pretty sure that is the case.  Yes, there is some trepidation there.  Have been able to keep any dark thoughts away, and will most likely this too, but the waiting to find out is just ..........

Have a great weekend and Happy Trails

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Sometimes the medical profession forgets we are real people with real feelings. Crossed fingers, magic thoughts, and Prayers for a clean bill of health!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Randy said...

Thank you much Ms. Linda