Friday, January 16, 2015

Grandkids


We have the Grandkids for the night.  It is always a delight.  Funny how they seem to show up right at lunch almost every time lol.  Danica (Granddaughter) came in wearing her purse I made and it is just stuffed full.  They start that girly stuff pretty young it seems, or at least she did.  Her Mom says she takes that purse everywhere.  :D  


They are home schooled so we get to try out their lessons that their Mom brought with them.  This should be interesting.  I think Nani will handle that. 

Buster just loves having them come over, although he is worn plumb out after they leave.  His herding instinct really kicks in when they are here.  He has to keep them in his sight, if not he starts to worry and whine.  He is good at his job.

 
Fortunately the weather has cleared and warmed up a bit.  Nani (Kim) will take them over to the park in our neighborhood to try out the new equipment then probably to their lessons.  When they came back it was time for face painting.

Logan wanted to be the Hulk.  He asked me if he looked like the Hulk.  I told him he looked like the 'little Hulk,' he thought that was cool.

 
Dolphins and waves.
 
 
It will be much to quiet when they leave, and we will be tired but happy and missing them already.

I made a pot of caldo de res (beef soup).  We ate that for lunch. 
 
 
It was pretty good yet not enough spices for my taste.  I will make some adjustments on the next pot.  Kim was skeptical, it has a lot of things in there she doesn't eat like, celery and cabbage.  However I got her to try it, she left out the cabbage and celery lol, and she even had seconds.  I don't normally eat those items either (especially celery) unless they are in soup and I think they are great then.

Read about this the other day.  old gun found in National Park 

Oh how I wish I had found it.  Well maybe not, I would have had a hard time giving it back to the NPS.   Still would have made my year to find that.

Happy Trails

No comments: