Friday, January 30, 2015

Water Heater....again


Back in early December, right after my surgery, our water heater started leaking.  We got it replaced.  Ever since that time Kim has complained that the water wasn't near as hot as the prior one.  I adjusted the temperature from 125 up to 140.  She couldn't tell much difference.  I even noticed that the water temperature was very inconsistent compared to the last one.  Sometimes having to turn on just the hot water with out cold to get a shower that was as warm as before.  You can always expect some water temp differences due to various factors. i.e. someone just showered before you or a load or two of laundry.  This was significantly different.  Kim started measuring the temperature of the water from the faucet nearest the water heater.  I don't really know how hot it was supposed to be considering there should be some drop off by loss of heat through the pipes.  But she was getting a reading of only 107*  almost every time.  She got 125* once.  As I said, very inconsistent.  She called the installers and they said they would come check it out.

As it turns out, this water heater has two thermostats.  It didn't even tell us that in the owners manual.  The one we didn't know about was set at 120*.  The installer told us that having two different temp settings was probably causing our inconsistent water temps.  I hope so, cuz if Momma ain't happy.......


 
BTW, it appears that it now works to her satisfaction.

Maybe I should immortalize that in leather somehow....maybe not.

Spectacular weather here, feel sorry for all my friends in the colder regions, well not really.  They  predicted a record high.  I don't think it got as warm as they thought, or like a couple days ago when it was in the mid 80's.  Yes, I'm gloating.  You will have your chance to get back at me this summer when it gets 100+ and it feels like a blast furnace with that SW wind. 
 
I have had considerable issues with heat over years.  I used to do some living history and those wool uniforms were pretty miserable wearing them in the summer here.  Got heat exhaustion/stroke several times.  Now I am paying the price.  I don't tolerate heat well at all.  Doesn't take much to get me really messed up.

A question for you other bloggers.  I'm a noob at this so haven't figured everything out yet, and probably never will.  If you haven't noticed I added a live traffic feed to the blog.  Just for my own curiosity.  It does not correspond at all to Bloggers data.  Blogger says I get traffic from a bunch of other countries, most notably China.  None of those ever show up in the live feed.  In fact there are many many less that show on the live feed than do on the Blogger data.  It may show 3-5 per day yet blogger shows 40-50.  What gives?  Any ideas?
Happy Trails.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

They are spammers... That's why they don't show up.

Randy said...

is there a way to block them from showing on bloggers stats?

Unknown said...

Well, I’m no stranger to water heater problems. I recently had to switch out mine for a new one. Luckily, we found a reliable plumbing company who were recommended by a friend, who installed one for us and talked through how to programme the thermostat. These things are never easy!