Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rain

It started raining last night.  It's still raining today.  We have already had 2 inches and it's still coming down.  This is a good thing for this part of Texas.  Our aquifer level has been very low the last few years.  This is due to an extreme drought that we have been undergoing.  Even though we had normal rainfall for the year in '14, we have such a deficit that those rains have been unable to make up.  Consequently the water table remains low.  I could just do without that howling wind we are getting, sheesh.
 
Here are a couple small leather projects I put together recently.  They are from kits, they have zipper closures.  That is why I used kits, I don't have a machine that will stitch them in. 
 
 
As you can see they are pretty small.  Can be used to carry small cosmetics, pills, extra ammo etc. on a lanyard or keychain when you want your hands free i.e. walking a dog.  No profit in these for the price I can charge but they can attract attention to the other items when displayed.
 
Kim cooked up some venison steaks yesterday.  Chicken fried is the way to go and she does it most excellent. 
 

 
Young deer, no gamy taste at all.  Better than I remembered.  I'm thinking a batch of picadillo for tacos is next.
 
 
 
Happy Trails.
 


No comments: