Monday, January 12, 2015

BBQ road trip

I have been in the mood to hit the road, maybe a few hour trip somewhere and back.  Been stuck here much to long and am getting antsy to GO.  As I mentioned yesterday, maybe a trip with BBQ at the destination.  Kim was obviously thinking the same thing, she made a lunch date to meet some friends, for what else, BBQ.  It won't be much of a road trip, the one we are meeting at is maybe 35 minutes away.

But, they have great Texas BBQ.  If you are an aficionado of smoked meat you will know the difference between Texas BBQ and all the other imposters.

 
Why yes, I am a BBQ snob thank you very much.  You can include chili in my snobbery also.  NO BEANS and it better make you sweat when you eat it.  Tried to find a decent photo of chili but was disturbed by the things I saw, corn? in chili? Turkey chili? sacrilege.

It should be fun even without the road trip, good BBQ and great friends, it just doesn't get much better.

Happy Trails.

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

My father always said "Only yankees and communists put beans in their chili."

Randy said...

I agree totally