Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015


Finally got a chance to see my parents for Christmas on New Years Eve.  Wasn't sure we would make it with us both having been sick.  We have gotten well enough to say we are feeling pretty good and are no longer contagious.  A lot of the family was missing for various reasons so it was pretty subdued.  It's usually pretty calm anyway but this was almost to quiet.  Both of my sons showed up along with my Granddaughter (and she wore her purse I made the entire time lol), my nephew and his wife were there.  My Grandson was still sick so he stayed home with his Mom.  My brother and his wife stayed home since she just had surgery 2 days prior, she is doing pretty good from what I hear.  My niece and her husband were no shows, never heard why for sure. 

We only stayed a few hours.  Mom seemed disappointed with how things went.  Saying she enjoyed doing it and it wasn't to much work after all but she wasn't going to do it again because everyone seemed bored.  I think she read it wrong.  It was a bit subdued but half the family was missing.  We don't have many kids in our branch yet, just my 2 Grandkids.  It's the kids that keep things lively in my opinion.  Once the nieces and nephews start having kids maybe it will get more lively.  But that will take a few years.  Time for the younger adults to step up and make it more entertaining lol.

I got to watch some of the bowl games.  Surprises as usual.  No real favorites for me since my team pretty much tanked all year.  But there were some fun games to watch.

Just 9 more months till college football starts again.

The weather here has been a bit soggy, just a light drizzle off and on for the last couple days, with some good rain predicted for the remainder of the week.  Fortunately no ice in our area.   It is supposed to dry up a bit today.  I will try to get the Christmas lights off the house and a few other 'cleaning' chores that have been neglected due to the holidays and our illness. 

Looking forward to a great 2015.

Happy Trails.

 

No comments: