Thursday, January 29, 2015

TBT

Yes, I guess yesterday's post was pretty much a Throwback with all the reminiscing I did.

Always with a hat and boots

 
Always playing cowboys

 
I think everyone has this done back then

 
Wish I had that car now.  What make and model?



 
Really wish I had that one too.  Can you tell what it is?  Leave an answer in the comments.

 
Can you tell being a cowboy was a big deal to me?
 
I grew up a-dreamin' of bein' a cowboy,
And Lovin' the cowboy ways.
Pursuin' the life of my high-ridin' heroes,
I burned up my childhood days.
I learned of all the rules of the modern-day drifter,
Don't you hold on to nothin' too long.
Just take what you need from the ladies, then leave them,
With the words of a sad country song.
My heroes have always been cowboys.
And they still are, it seems.
Sadly, in search of, but one step in back of,
Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams.
 
 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

56 Ford? Fairlane?

Terry and Linda said...

Love your header!!!

Linda ❤⊱彡
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer