Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Ligths

I actually got Christmas Lights put up Friday instead of Saturday.  Not near as many as usual and didn't get them up to the higher spots on the house, but there are some.  May put a few more around to door tomorrow.


Picture isn't all that good and it's a weaker effort than usual.  It looks much better in person.

After it was done, I was in a mood that told me I may not do this anymore especially with a half hearted attempt like this one.  We'll see next year. 

Kim made good headway on the other decorations and the tree is up.  It just needs all the things she puts on there.  She really makes it look spectacular.  She does all the inside and mine has always been the outside.  Guess that's why my effort looks so puny next to hers, especially this year lol.

I have been just on the edge of getting a few butterflies once in a while the last day or so.  I guess that's to be expected as my mind turns more to the thoughts of surgery as we get closer.  I have expected it.  I try not to let the butterflies get loose.  It's all good at this point, I just want to avoid the giant moths I know are flying around out there somewhere.  We'll see if they come fluttering around when I am alone and Kim is out doing her thing.  I stay on guard for them as I try to keep the mind active and not focused where I don't want it to be.

We went to my Mother and Fathers for Thanksgiving this year.  I sensed that my Mother is a bit nervous about my surgery, maybe more than me.  She hides it well to try to keep me from freaking out, but there is something else behind all her assurances.  I can feel it in the air when she talks to me.
Tried to talk her into staying home as it's a long drive through bad traffic at rush hour to get to the hospital where this will take place.  She says she just can't stay home.  I have suggested that she come later than the early start time.  Come a couple hours later and see me after I get out.  She can avoid the rush hour traffic and still be there before I get out.  Not sure what she will decide.  I would rather she be safe.

Four more days.

Happy Trails.


2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Your lights are beautiful!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Randy said...

Thank you Ms. Linda, you are too kind