Friday, November 7, 2014

Thursday Nov. 6


Not real excited about the election results.  Although it did go mostly as I would have preferred.  I don't really expect much of consequence to come of it.  Except hopefully we can hear less of Harry Reid.  Neither party is in it 'for the people' IMHO.  With few exceptions, they all play the game most of the nation has come to hate.  I detest what has been going on with the government now more than ever.  Will the new party in charge stand up to the dictator?  I will take a wait and see approach but I doubt it, especially with Boehner and McConnell running things.  They have been pretty spineless in the past.

The rain that was predicted, for once actually showed up, in a big way.  Predictions were for over 6 inches.  So far in my area we have gotten just over 7 inches with 20-30% chance through Friday.  The roof repairs have held up well for this type event.  Any weak spots will show up under extreme weather.  I now know I can rely on the repair man I used for future needs and replacing the entire roof eventually.

We did go to HD and I was the one that wasn't courteous as I mentioned in Wednesday's post.  Actually there was a man walking through the parking lot as we were looking for a spot.  I was looking to pull into a spot on my right and he was to my left.  About that time he started across in front of me as I decided I couldn't make the turn (to tight).  The wife saw him and told me to stop.  The man looked a bit exasperated.  I was embarrassed since I didn't see him make his move.  I let him go across after he waved me to go.  He just kinda smirked.  I rolled the window down and apologized.  He said something about his blinker wasn't working.  At least there was no road rage and he could laugh about it.

Got the insulation spread in the attic.  Not something that is easy at all for me to do.  Was pretty winded and somewhat dizzy after.  Got the bad spot on the siding caulked just in time for the big rains. 

The 'to do' list is shrinking significantly.  WoooHooo.

FYI, will probably cut back on posting much on weekends, get pretty busy but will if I have something I need to remember.

Happy Trails.

No comments: