Monday, November 17, 2014

Pre-op week

This week I go have blood drawn for prior to surgery.  Not real sure what they look for with those tests.  Hope nothing shows up to postpone the surgery any longer. 

 
Was also advised to start filling the prescriptions needed prior to and after surgery. 

 
Not really that many

With these things in mind I started reading the surgery information.


Was aware of most if not all but figured there may be something in there that wasn't mentioned.  Didn't get through it all.  There was nothing encouraging and yes there was one or two surprises. 

Maybe I will make a copy and post it so you can see for yourself.  But I wouldn't want that to discourage anyone from getting checked or having needed surgery.  Since one of my goals is to get men to get their prostate checked and possibly save their life I have serious concerns about how much of the not so good issues that will have to be dealt with.  I'll have to think about that some more.  If you have an suggestion please let me know in the comments.

It's starting to get real.  Had another night thinking about surgery and the aftermath.  Not good for helping you sleep.  Don't get me wrong, I am not obsessing over this like it may sound here.  I get over any dark thoughts pretty quick and they really don't show up much at all.  They could if I let them but I refuse to do that.  I don't want to be that person no one wants to be around because he is depressed and in a bad place with his state of mind so I refuse to let that happen.  Prayer helps with that.  There truly is a Peace that passes all understanding. 

It could always be worse.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

We are still with you...sending you magic thoughts and sending God prayers for a complete and total healing!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com