Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tuesday - 4


Made our monthly trip to Costco Monday.  Got out cheaper than expected and managed to restock on more meat than usual.  Have never seen it so  busy, actually had trouble finding parking.  I hate crowds so was a bit put off and considered heading home to await another day.  But since we were already here with no other errands decided to brave the hordes.  While it was busy it wasn't overly crowded inside.  Got a bit annoyed with some ladies that were blocking the aisle, so went around a display to avoid having to ask them to excuse me.  As I pass around the display they decided to move out or the aisle...right in front of me, causing me to hit the brakes.  The first lady passed by and I started to move forward, but apparently the second lady was not going to be denied the right of way so she could stay on the heels of the other.  Did they look at me? Nah, did they say excuse me?  Nah, they were the entitled persuasion and either were oblivious or just didn't give a care.  One of those shake your head moments that make you realize how less courteous our nation had become.  It happens all the time on the roadways now, just watch how many folks stop for the yellow light before the red.  You take you life in your hands if you stop for a yellow, you might get rear-ended.  If you start when the light turns green you might get broad sided.  Not to mention that a turn signal (if it's used at all) automatically entitles that person to the space you are occupying in a lane.

Ok rant over....sorry once I get started...

I get a chance to find more courteous people, may head to Home Depot for some insulation I need in the attic and some caulk that I need to temporarily repair a bad spot in some siding.

Am very curious about how this election will turn out.  The predictions are off the charts for one party to be successful.  Not sure what to make of that.  Maybe it's just the media trying to scare the other party members to get out to vote instead of stay home like they are want to do.  Should be interesting and how the next 2 years will go.  I believe it will be more of the status quo.  I don't think the Republicans are made of the stuff that it takes to make the changes that many think need to be made.  I just don't trust a politician to do what is right.

Happy Trails.

 

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

I liked how most of our Colorado election turned out...but there were some slots I wasn't very pleased with...but oh, well!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com