Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Open House


Not a lot going on here Monday, worked a little genealogy and some leather.  Kim has scheduled an 'Open House' for her jewelry next Saturday evening.  So things should move into high gear over the next few days.  Quite a few folks have been asking her for something like that since she only displays her wares at the Resort and doesn't do craft shows.  While she will do 'in home' shows and will give nice hostess gifts, that hasn't happened very often.  Not sure why that is at all. 
 
She is in 'make more stuff mode' which also affects me.  She wants more leather items that she combines with her jewelry.  I should have guessed but I didn't, so I am way behind on what she wants.  I had mentioned picking up some things from the leather supplier and she automatically assumed that I meant those items for her 'Open House.'  Oops.  I hadn't even given it a thought.  Some of those items would have taken quite a bit of time to complete and there were at least three projects that were completely new to me.  One week is not near enough time for any of that.  I messed up due to a lack of communication.  I was wanting those items because they were 'on sale' and they could be added to the inventory easier and be more profitable.  The sale dates weren't conducive to the Open House anyway.  So I am trying to get a few minor things completed ASAP, she still has to do her magic on the leather for them to be complete.  Not much time available with everything else this week. 
 
I have to figure out a way of staying out of the way that day but being available for leather questions while watching college football, all right around supper time, and appear like I am enjoying it all  :)  . 

Reminds me of something we used to say at the office, 'poor planning on your part doesn't make an emergency on my part.'  Was wrong then every time and probably am now. 

It could always be worse.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, STILL am emergency on your part... sigh