Sunday, November 23, 2014

Open House


Saturday evening was Kim's Open House.  Rain and storms were predicted for the entire time frame with some possibly being very severe.  We're talking hail and tornadoes. 
 
 
In November?  I think the threat of bad weather kept some folks home. And it did come a thunder storm with some hail, but mostly heavy rain.  Got an inch in about 20 minutes.  It's still thundering as I write this.  Since we live well outside the city there are no lights for the city dwellers to use.  Probably safer that they did stay home.
 
She did sell a few things, not a lot but we are grateful for any sales.  She works at it very hard and long hours.   I also want to mention that I don't want to use this blog as a means to sell our wares.  I believe that if you have been coming here it isn't to be solicited and that isn't how you found me in the first place.   One of the husbands did come and we had a good visit, and we kept each other out of trouble for the most part.

The day at the Resort was not good at all either.  That is very unusual for this time of year.  It was raining which is also good for her.  It keeps folks inside looking for something to do and they come find her.  There just weren't many folks there this time.  I thought that was surprising being the week before Thanksgiving.  I figured there would be a load of folks starting a full week of festivities.  Wrong.  Next weekend they will probably be full.
 
Now that we got this show out of the way I can try to return to working on the purse project for the Granddaughter.  Should be able to get the leather colored and ready for stitching.  I think it looks pretty good so far.  Will try to color hers a little different than her Nani's but not to much.  Then turkey day will be here.  We have the traditional meal at lunch time with my Mom and Dad and my boys and their family.  Only one son is married with kids.  Then the oldest and his family will leave to spend some time at his wife's parents house.  Miss being able to watch our football team play with him.  Mom and Dad leave pretty early too but the fact that they can still drive out this far is pretty good.  I just wish our Tgiving with family lasted all day like they used to when I was a kid.  This one I will try to be on best behavior so we have extra good memories of this one before I go under the robot. 
 
Have been a bit under the weather with some sort of sinus thing.  It's not anything bit allergies I think but it has made us more aware.  Trying to stay healthy and have been avoiding a lot of things to keep from getting sick before surgery.  Don't want to delay that any longer due to illness if I can help it.  So am staying away from crowds and using a lot of hand sanitizer. 
 
Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear the weather knocked down the sales, but glad YOU stayed out of trouble...LOL Enjoy T-Day!