Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

No shopping madness for this house, not by a long shot.  Well not for me at least and Kim hasn't said a word about going.  If I can't buy it online it doesn't get bought.  I have been doing that for a looong time.  When someone asks me if I am going shopping that is the answer I give.  Then they immediately counter with "don't you miss all the excitement of shopping?"  Uh, NO!  Never have been a "shopper," when I did go when the kids were young it was almost always for something specific, no wandering around trying to figure out what to get for whom.  My method was 'get it and get out.'  No muss no fuss.  Not to mention I have little patience for larger gatherings of people in almost any form.  Even so, this year will be sparse anyway due to all the medical bills.  We will get them covered, we just don't want to accumulate any additional debt by adding gifts to each other on to what we get for others.  Plus buying for each other reduces what we can provide for others.  I know that shopping is mostly all a woman thing and that is another reason I don't go into the maelstrom of the mindless zombies that lose all reason and have no idea that they aren't the only ones in the store.  Even though this is supposed to be and generally is a time of year when people are nicer etc. that doesn't seem to apply to shoppers.

Will be trying to get some of the Christmas decorations up.  I like to have lights on the outside of the house, always have.  There have been very few years that I didn't put up at least a few.  I used to do it for the kids but soon realized they didn't care about it like I did as a child.  It was always one of my favorite things to have on our house.  So I continue with it even though the kids and grandkids may never even see them.  I do it for me now and really always have.  This year, even though I don't put up near as many I just don't have the mojo to do it.  Even after dragging out all the tubs of decorations.  That usually gets me more in the mood to do it.  Hasn't yet.  Not sure why that is this time.  Maybe the thought of taking it all down and putting it away after having surgery on your abdomen?  Low 'T?'  Just old?  (hate to use the OLD excuse) No idea really, if it doesn't get done today, maybe Saturday.  Kim goes to the Resort, there aren't really any games on TV I care about and I will be looking for something to keep me occupied.  Oh, on that note, the Granddaughters purse is coming along really slow.  It has gotten the stain/dye applied, just need to cut the gusset, glue where needed, punch holes and stitch it up.  Plenty of time to complete it, but I seem to keep forgetting I need to get it done.  Also trying to decide of lacing or thread stitching is in order.  The lacing isn't as durable IMO for a little girl that may be hard on it.  The thread has some durability issues to but I can repair that much easier.  Kim says thread so I am probably going that route.

Hope all Y'all had a good Thanksgiving and if you venture out shopping hope you can keep your sanity.

Happy Trails.

No comments: