Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Leather and Beads

Don't forget to click on the pic.

This is what I was trying to get done for Kim's Open House.  I tool and dye/stain the leather and she adds the bling.  They have been much more popular than just my simple tooled cuffs.   Nothing real fancy as far as leather work is concerned.  It doesn't require intense work/tooling and can be turned out rather quickly and the margin of profit is much higher.

Before

 
After



 

These are what we had produced previously with some conchos, but her new beading idea seems much more popular.  While some of the non-beaded could and are worn by men these latest restrict the market but sell more as the ladies really seem to notice them more with the beads/bling.

Older styles
 


I have a few other leather things I have created at Kim's request that I prefer the looks of over these.  She just hasn't had the time to get around to putting the finishing touches on.  When she does I will post a few of those.  These are similar to what I think she will produce with those.
 


 
Keeps me occupied and I enjoy the work.

Heading into town today, make a few visits to some stores to pick up a few items that will make me more presentable at the hospital lol.  I don't think they want to see what I wear at home and I don't want them to see it. 

Been trying to get a chimney sweep out to the house so we can use the fireplace if we feel like it.  We only use it on the extremely cold days, we just love the coziness even if it does require more work for us.  We bought a 'Groupon' for a chimney sweep but it seems he is very busy and we have been having trouble getting him scheduled.  Not sure why that is.  If you are ready to offer a Groupon you should at the least be able to create a schedule to put your customers on. 

Will also try to get the cracked windshield replaced.  They will come out to the house and do that so I don't have to go into town for that. 

8 days to go.

Happy Trails. 

No comments: