Saturday, January 30, 2016

Random Junk


Kim is off helping a friend cater a retirement party/ceremony, leaving me to my own devices.  That's not all bad, but sometimes it is if my mind is wandering around.  So I am trying to be good and keep focused and stay busy with a few chores.

So I will stay busy out in the yard and with my current leather and see what shakes out when we get past the primaries.  I had to redesign the sheath/scabbard I have been working on.  I think I have it figured out.  I will add a 'welt' to it to prevent any 'cut through' instead of kydex.  Also the there is a change to how I will have it be worn on the belt.  That design I borrowed from a picture I saw from another leather worker.  I have to adjust it for the knife it will be holding so there is a bit of a difference, it's not exactly the same.  I don't like to 'borrow' other leather folks ideas without permission and I try to make it different enough that it is my own.  I found that picture on a some random site and I couldn't ask for permission to use.  Maybe that is what you call public domain.  But I don't think there is a leather worker out there that hasn't used ideas they saw someone else make first.  I still like to be honest with my work.  I use a leather group on the book of faces to ask questions and learn new things.  They helped me out with some of this design also.  One thing this redesign allows me to do is make a new sheath that ain't as ugly and with less flaws than the first.

I hear a lot of crap about the GOP debate and the big blow hard not showing up for the latest because a news babe intimidates him.  You just can't make this stuff up.  He seems to want things just his way or it's no way at all.  Pretty much the way I thought he was from the beginning.  He has lasted much longer than I thought.  He has done enough stupid things that would have tanked any other candidate.  I think he is getting a pass from his supporters due to not being part of the beltway crowd.  But I think they are letting their displeasure with the crap in DC cloud their thinking.  They aren't using good judgment by supporting him IMO.  Making another big mistake for president may just change what we know as America forever.  And not for the good.  We are nearly there already.
 
Happy Trails

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

A nation of people that are hooked on 'reality' TV shows is about to nominate, and maybe even elect, the first reality show president.

The sad thing is that he just might be a better choice than anyone from the other side.

Old NFO said...

+1 on Tim! Re the sheath, do what you think is right. At least you did the due diligence to see if you could find the designer...

Randy said...

I agree that we are heading in that direction. Even though I could never vote for the commie lites I find it difficult to swallow the alternative.