Friday, January 15, 2016

Movie Day



Thursday we headed into town to catch a flick.  We went to the earliest show as usual.  Less crowded that way.  We went to see the latest incarnation of the Star Wars series.  We have seen them all and have enjoyed most of them.  The 'prequels' were just bad in my opinion.  So I went in skeptical.  Having a new director piqued my interest more than usual.  Hopefully there would be a better story line that was presented more interestingly than the 3 previous versions.

I would have preferred to see 'The Revenant' but acquiesced to Kim's preference.  No big deal as I wanted to see this one too.  The Revenant (whatever that means) is more my style, Old West and based on a true story.  Yes it is another remake of a good movie.  It seems hollywierd has lost all imagination and has resorted to a large quantity of remakes over the last few years.  Not only bankrupt in their approach to life but also in imagination.

I won't review the latest Star Wars here, afraid I would give spoilers.  It wasn't bad, but I don't really see it being the best movie ever either.  Would I go see it again? No, been there done that. 

The roofers came and went.  They had 6 guys working, seems a lot for such a small job.  But it allowed them to finish in one day.  There was more rotten wood than we expected.  Not the whole deck as the previous roofer guessed but 4 full sheets of plywood.  Also one of the rafters had a lot of damage/rot due to an undetected leak.  It's all fixed now.  Bring on the El Nino rains.

Got a lot a comments and reactions to my drastic haircut/shave at church last night.  More attention than I cared for.  The main thing being a question, "why or what made you do that?" or the real kicker  "Did you get a haircut?"  From about 6 inches hair to about an inch? And you have to ask that question?  LOL, I restrained myself and withheld my smart remarks.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad you finally got the roof fixed... And yes, that is a serious ear lowering (haircut)... LOL