Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Eve



Thankfully it seemed a bit quieter than past years.  This is a good thing, especially for Buster.  He was much less stressed than last year.  I know the next door neighbors had less fireworks than last year.  I don’t think they had their party as usual.  There are some really big and loud fireworks that go off around here.  There are some that sound like the 6 lb. Mountain Howitzer my friend used at some of our living history events.  I have no idea what those things are.  They don’t have just one, there are dozens.  They must have cost quite a lot.  I’ll avoid the pun about ‘up in smoke.’  I guess I didn’t after all.

I even slept better last night.  I guess I took enough chemicals and was tired enough to sleep through any really late fireworks.  No, just Motrin.  It knocks the edge off the aches and pains enough to sleep better.  Last year they didn’t stop until 4 AM.  It was chilly last night and somewhat humid along with a good breeze.  That may have been what put a damper on the celebrations.  I will hope it happens next year too.  Yeah, curmudgeon is right.

I did wake up early and Kim did also.  Not unusual, except maybe for Kim.  However, the Grandkids being here causes her to get up anyway regardless how tired she may be.  She spoils them and spends almost every waking moment with them, playing or entertaining them in some way.  Every kid should have a Grandmother like her.  Fortunately I did.  

No, no long list of resolutions, not that kind of guy.  Not even a wish list for things for the coming year.  It’s really just another day to me.  I don’t get all philosophical and say a bunch of junk about mankind and the things I hope will happen for a better year.  This day won’t make a difference at all.  I pray about those things EVERY DAY.  Taking stock is not my style.  I make my own adjustments privately when I see something that needs a change.  Keeping it to myself prevents others from throwing it in my face, if I don’t measure up in their eyes.

This has gone on farther than I intended.  I’ll stop now.

Happy Trails.

No comments: