Thursday, January 7, 2016

Funk



I woke up in a funk Wednesday.  No idea why, nothing happened to put me there, but it was there.  Kim was making biscuits for breakfast, my favorite thing to have.  I didn't really want them.  See, I told you a real funk.  No one in their right mind turns down biscuits.  I ate them, but they just weren't 'it.'  Kim asked if I as grumpy.  I am sure I appeared that way, and probably could have gotten there sooner than usual.  I have no explanation for my state.  I am usually pretty happy every morning.  I get on Kim's nerves sometimes since I am a morning person and she isn't.  Sometime I get extra jolly just to mess with her.  I usually know when to back off.  Usually.

Kim has headed out to take a friend for some serious medical tests.  She may be gone most of the day.  She has some very serious health issues.  She is a single mother with two kids that are just now getting to puberty.  Due to her health she can't and hasn't worked in some time.  It's a really tough situation.  I could go on.

We didn't make the errands with my parents yesterday.  Mom had a rough night, she fell the previous day and is pretty sore.  Daddy didn't want her to tell me and my brother about her fall.  His pride is getting in the way of his good sense it appears.  We will have to stop telling them to call us when they get hurt or need help, it seems he gets insulted.  They know what to do, us telling them over and over is not gonna change it.  Yeah, I know.  Frustration level 7.

My garage and office are a wreck after all the moving of my parents and the holidays.  I hate to even go in there.  It will have to be tackled eventually.  I just got them straight and now they are worse than before.  I will most likely discard a lot of stuff we have hung onto for years.  I don't want to build extra shelves in the garage to store this crap, but there is so much.  I see no real alternative.  My mindset about storing old things needs to really have a make over.  How do you do that when you are too sentimental?

Happy Trails

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

Your funk might have been weather related. Wed. was miserable. But today is gorgeous. Hopefully you're feeling better.