Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Cancer



It's something I know all too well.  Other than my recent bout with it, there are several others I know, from family members to friends to acquaintances that have recently battled or are battling with it.  It is a horrible disease as you probably know and can rob you of your dignity and life.

Why am I on this now that my cancer has no indication of a return.  One of my cousins who has battled melanoma for the past couple of years passed yesterday morning.  Last year we both shared good news about our cancer and also shared that joy.  Hers was short lived.  She didn't have anything left near the end.  She wasn't the person we all knew.

Her uncle, my first cousin, also lost a step brother last week to cancer also.  His battle was a little shorter but no less painful.  These two passings will be devastating to my cousin that has lost these close family members in such a short time.

There are several others, one of which has been declared terminal and has lived 3-4 years longer than expected, I could also mention.

Sad times due to this horrible disease.

Love your family, tell them now.  Don't put off a visit or visits you know you should have made.  Regrets like that will stay a long time.  Don't use the excuse, 'I don't know what to say,'  you don't have to say anything.  Your presence will suffice.  I know that to be true.  It's not about you and your feelings.


1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

Lost a couple of friends in 2015 to cancer. Vicious, nasty disease...