Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tree Trimming



I went to Lowe's earlier this week after doing my homework on pole trimmers.  I bought one they have, a Kobalt, I think that is their store brand.  It is more expensive than I had planned but it is 40 volts as compared to the 12-18 volts.  The reviews were stellar.  Let me tell you that thing lives up to it.  A little heavy but not as much as I expected, and it cuts very well.  I cut some large limbs, one about 6 inches in diameter.  It never missed a lick.  It charges fully in only one hour.  I am more than pleased.  Now all I have to do is clean up the yard in the aftermath.  


Kim has spent the last 2 days with my cousin helping her through this difficult time.  I am so proud of her and her tender heart and how she makes herself available to those that need comforting or help.  I can't even come close to matching her compassion.  She is truly and angel on earth.

I have three of the six wallets finished.  Three more to go.  




I don't do the lace like the one above very much.  It looks nice but it is just to labor intensive.  Adds at least 2 more hours work time.  But I like how this one turned out.
 
I also have a custom knife sheath that my cousin wants for his 'specialty knife.'  It is a custom made knife he uses with his hog hunting.  




Once the dogs have the hog bayed up, he dispatches the hog with a well place strike between the ribs. MMM Bacon!  It is such a straight bladed knife with a very sharp fine point that I will need to find something to line the sheath with.  Probably Kydex.  This sheath will be worn on his back side on his belt and at angle with no keeper.  It will need to fit snug enough he doesn't have to worry about it falling out.  It will be a challenge, and I look forward to it.

Still very busy this week, a good thing.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hate to say it, but I like the wallet without the lacing better. Just my opinion though. Re the knife, yep THAT is going to be a challenge! :-) Please post a pic when you finish it, I want to see how it turns out!

Randy said...

I agree about the lacing, the wife likes it so I make one every once in a while. Pics will be forthcoming