Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Curious



I'm not all worked up about the WH occupiers impending executive actions that is supposed to curb gun violence.  It does me no good to wonder what he will do at this point.  But I am curious about what the first steps will be.  I take a wait and see stance.  Oh I have no doubt that it won't be anything I agree with or is even Constitutional.  I also don't doubt that this will be the first of several if not many attempts to circumvent the Constitution in the name of making all of us safer.  I know I don't have to explain the idiocy of that.  If I do, I won't waste my breath trying to convince you otherwise. 

I do believe that this could get really bad if they push the limits.  I think those limits are much closer than ever.  Just look at the people backing Trump.  In any normal election cycle this guy has said enough volatile things that it should have ended his campaign, in past years.  But people are so fed up with the status quo in DC they think the only way to make any meaningful changes is to go with someone that actually says what they are already thinking but probably not as bellicose or idiotic.  This should be clue to those idiots in DC. 

Yet, the occupier says the overwhelming majority of Americans are in favor of the coming gun control.  Where and how did he get this information?  Even in this liberal city I live near I have heard no calls for this action.  And certainly not among anyone I know.  I just don't see who this majority is.  I believe he knows the majority is not behind him.  It's just rhetoric to strengthen his cause by possibly swaying a few fence sitters.

Happy Trails

No comments: