Monday, February 1, 2016

First Caucus Tonight



The first big deal in the upcoming elections happen tonight.  I am curious more than usual as to how it will turn out.  I guess that the results will be a huge disappointment to many of the candidates.  Hopefully they will see the light and drop out and stop distracting from those that have a real chance.  While I am curious, I don't look forward to the news babes breathlessly interrupting my watching TV every few minutes with updates and then their 'opinion' on what it means.  No, I don't have an opinion on who will come out on top or who might surprise.  I only have hopes.

The news keeps getting worse for Hillary and the investigation into her illegal activities.  Even though she seems to duck anything that would tank a different candidate, the drum beat is getting louder for her to be prosecuted.  Will she ever serve a day in prison?  I doubt it, someone will bail her out somehow, maybe even a Presidential pardon at the last minute.  I see no way she could ever become President, but I thought that about the current resident of the peoples house and his run for second term, and we know what a disaster that was and is.

On to other things.  We kicked around the idea of a day trip down to the coast and spend the day beach combing.  Neither one of us were motivated enough to make the drive.  There are several errands we need to run in town, the grocers, Costco, bank, post office etc.  I also need to work on that knife sheath.  I have laid it aside and it's time to pick that back up and get it finished.  Trying not to be in a hurry and make sure I think through the design thoroughly since it's somewhat new territory for me.  Maybe we can do that day trip later in the week, before Thursday's doctor and lab appointments we both have.  Lab for me and doctor for Kim.  Hope the good weather holds.

Happy Trails

No comments: