Monday, January 11, 2016

Kim Says She's Over It.

OK then, I guess I need to find a barber.  I haven't been to one since May and I have let my beard grow to the point everyone asked me if I was going to play Santa.  Yes, my beard is white and pretty long.  This is a change for her, she generally likes me with longer hair and I usually wore it pretty short.  She has never said anything ever about my hair/beard.  This was a first in over 40 years.  I made the mistake of asking her if she was liking my longer hair (like she used to).

So off came most of the beard this morning, still have the goatee, that will probably never leave.  Cut it all off a couple years ago and I didn't like what I saw.  Even a friend that had never seen me without said I should grow it back.  I had to agree.  

I don't particularly mind going to the barber, if you can find a real barber.  Mostly it is places that have 'stylists' and most seem to be young ladies that have had no barber training and just butcher you.  Those places also are pretty expensive for a haircut.  No, I don't want any of your hair spray, no special lotions, no massage, just a freaking haircut that isn't butchered.  


Have you noticed how few real barber shops there are anymore?  If you find one, especially out where I live you have to drive quite a ways.  There is one old barber nearer to me but he works only 12 hours a week if that.  Four hours a day only Thrus-Sat and if it's slow he leaves.  He had only his one chair and two for waiting customers.   He is a great barber.  But when he works, he is so crowded you have to stand and may wait over an hour.  No thanks.


There's new one opening closer to me in town I may try.  Hope it ain't one of those girly stylist places that 'clip' your wallet.

It could be worse, I could have no hair to worry about.  I don't care what color it turns as long as it don't turn loose.  (with apologies to CentexTim)

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Be glad you still 'have' hair... sigh I shaved my beard for my DL photo...

CenTexTim said...

Not having hair is a blessing. I get a buzz cut all over my head - 'hair' and beard. It lasts for weeks before I have to go back, and washing/drying it is a breeze. :-)

BTW - I go to a real barber shop in Boerne. One barber (Larry, the owner), open Tues. - Sat. except when Larry wanders off for lunch. Most of the customers are my age or older. I think we'll all be long-haired hippies once Larry retires.