Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Wasteland



I didn't forget to post Monday.  I actually fell asleep in front of the idiot box trying to figure out the X-files.  I had been a fan in it's earlier incarnation.  I really don't remember much about that series, just that I watched.  Falling asleep in front of this new version isn't a good sign.  I will try again with the 'video on demand' thing if I can figure out how to use it.  



Also my mind is a bit of a wasteland at the moment.  More bad news with a close friend that has had a return of cancer.  Although this isn't good news at all, she was still as upbeat and cheerful as ever.  Her husband, not so much.  I understand fully how this is harder on him, emotionally, than her.   

There are several others that are having some major health concerns that have my mind in a state that isn't good for this medium.  We saw one of our other friends yesterday.  She has terminal cancer.  From how she looks, I don't know how much longer she can go on.  She also was in a good frame of mind.  It's people like these that make you reconsider how you look at things.  The first one I mentioned was and is a huge strength source for my cancer concern.  I want to have their attitude.  There are still great people out there if you look for them.

Monday is the only day this week we don't have at least some tentative plan for things that need to be done elsewhere than home.  Hopefully we can get the last of the tree clippings cleaned up out of the yard.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Cancer sucks. Thoughts and prayers to all affected...

Randy said...

Yes it does, thanks for your kindness