Wednesday, December 10, 2014

When it rains


You know the old saying 'when it rains, it pours.'  Someone might think that is and has been happening with us these last few months. 

The plumbers just left.  For a job that I probably could have done, maybe not all they did, but I could have replaced a hot water heater before my surgery.  I would not have been aware of the 'building code' changes and would not have gotten those taken care of.  We used the same plumber that had a warranty on the existing water heater thinking it might save us some cash.  None at all really considering the warranty would not be extended and then including the labor.  So we opted for a different brand that starts a whole new warranty and the labor is included for the length or the warranty.  So as you might guess, it was very expensive as we didn't feel we wanted to deal with the issue for as long as it would take to get a different plumber out here and go through all that again.  This is the kind of thing I was trying to get taken care of prior to surgery if you remember with my 'to do' list that got rather expensive.  Aw well, a hot water heater isn't something that can really be anticipated when it might start leaking and this one just kept getting worse each day since Sunday and we felt we couldn't wait any longer.  We need the warranty as we have had to replace our water heaters every few years due to how hard our water is.  The one before this one I had to get a plumber because I couldn't lift it.  It was so full of hardened sediment it would not drain.  50 gallons of water and rock won't be moved by a single man.

 We got good news from Kim's doctor visit, no surprises there and she will be getting some meds for her arthritis in her hips.  Blessed.

Kim says it is Satan doing his best to shake us.  I don't know, maybe.  He certainly would have been hitting me at one of my most vulnerable points, the things I stress over the most.  But I look at it like this, if Satan really knew me, he would have known that these things won't work with me at all.  They may seriously frustrate, even worry me, but turn my back on God?  Never.  He is just keeping me on my toes and makes me stronger with each test.

I know I say this a lot but, it really could be a lot worse.  I have nothing to complain about and I hope this didn't sound like complaining in any form. 
 
Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

NOpe, you're doing what you have to. Plain and simple. And glad she's getting some help!

Terry and Linda said...

No..not complaining just venting!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com