Monday, December 1, 2014

2


Finally, the week for surgery is here.  I certainly am glad this two months of waiting for the actual surgery to get here is almost over.  It didn't seem near as long as I thought it would.  I am guessing that keeping a positive frame of mind is most of the reason the wait hasn't seemed near as long as I expected.  Still no butterflies but my thoughts are certainly centered on the upcoming event.  Even when I am occupied with something it's there in the back of my mind.  I'm sure everyone has had something that just stays in your mind, not eating at you, it's just there.

Everyone has been very kind to me and supportive, and Kim has been getting even more support.  All is appreciated more than I could ever express adequately. 

I used to be the one that didn't want this sort of attention, I wanted it to just go away and try to not to think about it.  Most everyone that did offer some sort of words made me feel awkward, uncomfortable.  I just didn't want to talk about it in any sort of manner.  The more it was out there, the more I would think about it and then worry.  Not the case anymore.  I want, need the encouragement.  I never would have gotten this far along in a good frame of mind without all the positive support I received.  Having such a great support system of brothers and sisters in Christ has been invaluable.  I have the 'peace that passes all understanding.'  I now know what that means in the true sense through this experience. 

Posting here will probably be light, even sporadic throughout this week so please forgive me.  I thought I would have much more to say than this when this all rolled around.  Doesn't appear to be the case.

Two more days.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

I'm a head-putting-in-the-sand type of person also! Prayers for a perfect outcome!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com