Monday, December 15, 2014

Progressing

I don't believe that things could be much better right now.  I am progressing nicely with the healing.  I am virtually pain free at this point.  Although I am restricted from doing anything strenuous for 6 weeks.  That may be pretty hard, not lifting anything more than 10 lbs. 

Kim has her annual mammogram tomorrow.  Her Mom passed from breast cancer at a young age.  Kim is now older than her mother was when she passed.  Having this done is always a time of holding my breath.

I made it to church today for the first time in a couple weeks.  Was able to thank many of the folks that have been so great to us.  Very uplifting for us both.  Must be something going around as a lot of others were missing due to illness.  I am using a lot of hand sanitizer these days.

We did make it out to our extended family's Christmas event.  It was great to see everyone and have some great food.  Was able to stay the entire time without issue.  It's really funny how things go at the dinner portion of this event which is most of the entire thing.  We don't see most of these people but maybe once or twice a year.  So what happens when we sit down to eat?  We almost all sit with our immediate families and visit with them and not with the ones we see so rarely.  I have been noticing this for quite some time.  I am committed to breaking that habit lol.  Maybe it's just familiarity, I don't know, but I think it's weird but we have always done this.

Tuesday we have a chimney sweep coming out.  We have never had that done.  Didn't really know it was necessary, we didn't grow up with chimney's down here.  Just hoping to avoid any additional costs outside the initial Groupon we purchased for this service.



No comments: