Sunday, December 28, 2014

Busy


For someone that isn't feeling up to snuff I was much to busy Saturday.  I had asked my uncle to shoot me a Whitetail doe for my freezer a week or so ago.  I got a call from him early Saturday morning that he had one hanging and come get it when I could.  After I had breakfast and made sure Kim was settled (she is so stinking sick).  I headed out to my uncle's house.  Took a little over 2 hours round trip.  I used to butcher all my own deer but not any more.  Takes me way to long so it is worth the amount they will charge me.  A cold front had blown in this morning so the deer got to chill a little.

Instead of going straight to the processor I went by the house to check on Kim.    We decided she needed some other over the counter meds and I went over to CVS and got her some daquil and nyquil and some vitamin C.  Got her taken care of and headed over to a processor in the next town.  Another 2 hour round trip.  By the time I got home she was feeling a bit better.  And I'm beat.  Normally that would not be a big deal but I guess the effects of surgery and being under the weather is taking more of a toll than I anticipated.  Glad my Mom rescheduled our Christmas with them to New Years day.  Otherwise we would have been MIA.

My oldest son and his family made it over Friday evening.  My youngest was too sick to make it over again.  I wish we had been feeling better, we just weren't much fun at all.  We did get to eat the rest of the food we originally prepared for Christmas Eve.  We opened a few presents and then it was pretty much over.  At least we got to spend some time with them after all.

Saturday I got a text from my oldest son, he says that I won Christmas again this year.  My Granddaughter has not taken her purse off yet and even slept with it.  Made me smile a huge smile.  It's the little things that add up and make life pretty good.  Last year she had told me how much she loved dolphins and I told her she might get one for Christmas.  I found one that was bigger than she is and she loves it.  Not to bad for an old man that never had any dealings with girls growing up.  That is a whole 'nother skill set I am trying to develop lol.

I am planning on staying house bound until this epizooty that Kim has, has gotten gone.  We probably won't even make it to church tomorrow.  That hasn't happened in forever.

Happy Trails.

No comments: