Sunday, December 14, 2014

Joyful

I have been exceedingly joyful the last couple days.  I am so thankful to our God for the answered prayers and am overwhelmed with gratitude.  Not to mention all the expressions of concern from all corners.  I have been hearing from folks I haven't seen in years but the continued expressions from those that have been here the entire time buoy my heart.  I can't help feeling all mushy inside.

I have been and am virtually pain free the past 2 days.  Didn't expect that with everything that has happened before.  In that sense recovery has been pretty good.  I feel almost like my old self.  The incontinence issue is much worse than expected and is very frustrating.  The time frame for that to be resolved varies greatly, from 1 week (very rare) to 6 months with 6 weeks being the average.   SMH.

We may try to head to our extended family's Christmas event Saturday night.  It is about an hour drive and it lasts anywhere from 3-4 hours.  I really want to attend and get a chance to see everyone and thank them in person.  Quite a few folks won't be there for various reasons.  As our family expands this happens more and more each year.  I expect that this event will eventually fade over the next years.  I want to see a cousin that has been battling melanoma for the last 2 years.  I think she is trying to get there, if she can, I should be able to also.  She has just gotten a good report also after many months of a very bleak outlook.  I need to hug her neck.  I doubt we would stay the length but we may venture out since I feel so great.

I want to thank those that read this blog and have commented and sent emails of support.  It means so much to me that you have expressed your concern without even meeting or really knowing me,  THANK YOU! 

Things are better than I deserve, I am so blessed.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

YAY!!!! You are most welcome REJOICE!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com