Friday, December 12, 2014

Hallelujah!


Praise God on the highest!  The cancer was non invasive!  Still more surprises from the pathology.  The cancer was more aggressive than the biopsy indicated.  There was less cancer than the biopsy indicated.  Surprising that my PSA numbers were so low with such aggressive numbers, but the doctor had seen that before.  Only 7% of the prostate was involved when 50% of the biopsy samples were involved.  They had told me to expect more cancer than the biopsy revealed, that was almost always the case.  All in all surgery was the correct decision.  Even with all the other issues.  No further treatments needed, follow ups every 6 months for 5 years.  I can do that.
 
What were the other issues?  First off let me say the surgery was a piece of cake.  The other has been the intense uncontrollable pain, not necessarily due to the surgery.  First those 30 hours in the hospital.  Then a trip to the Emergency Room last night.  We thought I had a bowel obstruction.  Turns out pain does funny things to you.  The doctors tell me that my bladder and most likely me urethra are exquisitely sensitive.  The removal of the Foley catheter was enough to set off an extremely painful experience that sent me to the ER.  Hence the late post on the good news.

Whew......glad that's over.

I still have the Peace that passes all understanding. 

Happy Trails

8 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

YAY! Prayers always work!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

CenTexTim said...

Good news!!! Hope the remainder of the recovery is uneventful.

Randy said...

I never doubted, thank you

Randy said...

Thank you sir. Me too.

Old NFO said...

OUTSTANDING!!! Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery from the post op issues.

Randy said...

Yes it is, Thanks again for all your support.

SUERTE said...

Praise the LORD!

Randy said...

I am, thank you