Monday, December 22, 2014

Way Behind

Can hardly believe that Christmas is almost here already.  We are so far behind getting ready this year.  My surgery and all the other doctor visits had put things on hold for us.  Consequently just about anything to do with Christmas has fallen way behind.  Especially any shopping for gifts.  Unfortunately it will be somewhat sparse compared to other years.  But, since I am this side of dirt for the immediate future, I think we are pretty well off.

Still dealing with issues from the surgery.  The urinary tract is still inflamed and pretty sensitive.  It is getting better, but very slowly.  With that goes other issues I will let you figure out for yourself.  Sleeping through the night is a problem.  Two hours at a stretch is the max due to the urinary issues.  Then it takes a while for it to settle down enough for me to return to sleep.  I may be awake another hour or two for every two hours sleep.  Wears on you after a while but it's manageable.  Slow progress but there is progress. 

Really looking forward to Christmas Eve when my Sons and Daughter and Grandkids come to have supper with us.  We will be having pulled pork sandwiches this year.  Then Christmas day we all head over to my parents.  At some point during that time we will have a house full with my brother and his family and my family.  There should be 15 of us unless my brother's kid's go their spouse's families in other parts of the states.  Glad mine all live near with no need to travel.

Happy Trails.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad you are 'progressing' however slowly! Enjoy the family time.

Terry and Linda said...

Merry Christmas! I just know you will enjoy every precious second with your family!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Randy said...

Thank you we will and best wishes to you also

Randy said...

Yes we will