Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Getting Better


Feeling much better each day.  Nights still get a little unpleasant and can have a bit of trouble sleeping.  I mostly have to lay on my back the entire time, which is pretty hard for me as I am a turner and sleep on my side most of the time.  Still weaning off pain pills, only use them at night to take the edge off so I can sleep better.  Otherwise I don't use them.  Walking up the hill of our driveway several times a day and stretching out the sore areas.  None of this helps with this extremely annoying catheter.  Thursday can't get here soon enough to get that thing out and also the pathology report.  It's just one day at a time.

Folks from our congregation have banded together and are stopping by each day with food.  They have us scheduled through Friday.  I think I will be totally spoiled by then getting to eat great food prepared by those we care about deeply.  These folks love to cook.  In my experience people that love to cook do a great job usually, know what I mean.  We also get to visit with them for a bit which is great since I don't get out and see other faces. 

I need to get started on sending notes to those that have been such an encouragement to Kim and I with prayers, visits, cards, kind words, FOOD and texts.  I am worried about missing someone.  I can take care of a lot by sending a general card/note to the two congregations that have been so great with prayers, it's the visits, and calls I don't want to forget.  Have had visitors to the house everyday but one and it's been a blessing.  Really cheers Kim and I.  Lots of cutting up and story telling.  Best of times.

I thought about posting a photo of my belly in all its scarred glory.  Full disclosure type of thing.  But one of the visitors had mentioned she would cut her visit short if I showed her my belly.  So I am having second thoughts about that.  You can thank Valerie.

You're welcome Valerie.

It could always be worse.

Happy Trials.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers continue sir!

Terry and Linda said...

Thank you, Valerie! Prayers for good reports and continued healing!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com