Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday

I know most everyone in this area of Texas is aware of what has been going on in and around Austin with that crazy bomber killing and injuring several people.  Then it happened very close to me in Schertz at a Fedex facility.  They seem to have located the jack wagon and he did us all a favor and went to meet his reward by blowing himself up in his car.  The investigation is ongoing to determine whether anyone else may be involved.  I pray this is the end of it.

I had 6 month doctor check up for my diabetes today.  Everything was very good.  Finally seem to have hit the right combo of drugs to keep it in check.  The only issue was the twenty minute trip took close to an hour to get there due to the traffic.  This was on the alternate route that avoids the bad traffic.  I was 5 minutes late (that never happens and it drives my blood pressure up when I am).  The wife may have to go back and see the doc again if she doesn't improve over the next day or so.  She has really been slow to recover with this viral infection.  The continual coughing is wearing her out.  I know folks that have broken ribs from coughing.  We sure don't need that on top of everything else.

I think I am going to enter a contest on leather carving.  They will have well known leather craftsmen judge and offer critiques.  I really want the critiques more than anything.  Being self taught and nothing more than a hobbyist, I take those type opportunities every chance I get.  I don't care a flip about winning.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good news on both counts! Hope K gets better soon!!!

Terry and Linda said...

Good news! It's always nice to read GOO NEWS! I hope you do well with the leather contest!