Saturday, March 17, 2018

Friday Evening

We are both still a bit under the weather.  K even sought help from our doc and got some meds.  She was afraid she was getting the flu and didn't want to mess around with it.  It turns out it is a viral infection so not really much they can do but treat symptoms.  She seems to be feeling better after almost 24 hours of meds.  

I have also been trying to learn the ropes of my new insurance with medicare.  So I have spent more than normal amount of time on the phone, getting accounts set up and various meds via mail order.  It appears they will save me some money but I think they have made some errors in my coverage.  I'm sure I will find out at the most inopportune time.  Speaking of insurance.  The wife has a cancer policy with AFLAC.  She was filing some of her claims and called them to verify coverage.  She found out that she put me on that policy years ago and had forgotten.  So we can file everything related to my cancer surgery with no time limit.  That is such a great blessing for us.  It will help with some of the medical expenses we have now.

With both us under the weather, we had to postpone a dinner engagement/celebration Son #1 wanted to have at a fancy steak place.  He says it was because we all had a really tough year and just wanted to celebrate with us.  Son #2 and wife were included.  I won't go into all the details of the rough year, most of it has been put up here but not all.  This was a gift to the family to all of us.  So we get to try again next Friday evening.  I looked at the menu of the place he wants to take us.  I can't even pronounce some of the things they have.  Might be fun to try some new things.

I got a call from my brother that Mom had been taken to the ER by our cousin.  She is 85 and in very good health but at 85 you never know.  She went for a pneumonia vaccine a couple days ago and the injection gave her an infection/cellulitis.  She is home and is in good spirits.  

We have been kicking around the idea of changing Buster's dog food.  He is a senior dog at almost 14 and we have had him on a weight control food.  Since he has been on that food his fur has gotten very frizzy and has no shine like it did in the past.  So we figure he may not be getting everything he needs to help with that and his old age.  Since he is a VERY picky eater it is always a challenge to find a food he likes.  Found one first try.  Went to a doggy 'bakery' and told them about him and they recommended one.  I just hope it works out well for him.

I am still waiting to get out to the garden and get my tomatoes in the ground.  Hopefully I will feel well enough to do it Saturday.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad she's better, and prayers for your Mom!